Magento Multi-Store Development
agento is often regarded as the most well-known e-commerce platform. Among its many specialized features, multi-store creation is one of the most convenient the platform has to offer. The number of Magento multi-store development services is a testament to that. But what exactly is behind this term and why is it so important for so many people?
Multi-store design grants the ability to handle multiple e-commerce platforms through a single administrative panel. The info about each of them and their inventory is stored on a single server. However, separate stores are usually denoted by distinct domain names.
The multi-store component has a number of different uses, some of which are far from being trivial. Possible applications of this feature include:
- Setting up separate shops with different goods, but a single owner;
- Creating different shops for a diverse target audience of the same product;
- Designing a number of similar platforms that operate in different languages or with different currencies;
- A mix of the above.
Overall, this powerful tool is the ideal way for you to diversify your range of goods, attract more buyers, and add extra quality-of-life functions to your platform.
Advantages of Magento Multistore
Although Magento is definitely one of the most popular e-commerce website creators, it is not the only one on the market. Any website designing service can help you to create a well-developed web store. However, Magento has a much better toolset for e-commerce site creation, especially when it comes to the multistore features. Let’s consider some of the advantages Magento provides:
- It is cheap to maintain - the need for only one database for multiple websites leads to a drastic cut in cost. You’d only need to pay for a single server. Keep in mind, though, that the more stores you’re planning to set up, the better hardware you need;
- Easy to administer – manage a number of parameters for each platform from one place, no matter how different they are one from another;
- Highly customizable and suitable for different platforms – Magento achieves a great balance between being relatively easy to use and allowing their users to tune every part of their shop according to their desires. Furthermore, it is highly versatile when it comes to multi-platform development – even the mobile versions of your websites will look and function flawlessly;
Compatible with other services – Magento was made with your
comfort in mind, so if you want to include a specific payment
method, it will be easy for you to do so. There also are a lot of
user-made extensions that open even more possibilities.
If you’re still not sure whether or not you need to set up the multistore system, you need to learn more about the benefits it provides. Most of the times a single e-shop is divided into separate platforms because of marketing complications. Here are the basic benefits such a system provides from the SEO standpoint:
SEO Reasons for Multistore Creation
- If you have completely different categories of goods on your website, it might confuse the user. Diverse shops are usually more difficult to put in a coherent order. Which is why it’s much better to divide them into separate websites;
- You can unite different domains under one brand name. This is especially helpful if the shops you set up are connected in some way. This way you’d create an impression of a big structured parent organization with a number of subsidiaries;
- You can manage the keywords separately for each part of the multistore.